Do animal cells have the cell wall?

Do animal cells have the cell wall

Introduction Do animal cells have a cell wall? well, the answer to this very curious question is “Animal cells do not possess a cell wall”. It is exclusively present in all plant cells, fungi, bacteria & cyanobacteria. Some protists also have cell walls. The cell wall is basically the outermost, rigid & nonliving covering. In … Read more

Classification of life: The three major domains

Classification of life

Know in one minute about the Classification of life The classification of life is mainly based on basis of their similarities and dissimilarities or according to their natural relationship to each other. Carolus Linnaeus also known as the “Father of Taxonomy” was the pioneer in the work of classification. He was the first to suggest … Read more

Nephron Function and Urine Formation

Nephron Function

Nephron The kidneys are the primary organs of excretion removing nitrogenous wastes. It is made up of nephrons which form urine. In this topic, we will see in detail the nephron function and mechanism of urine formation. Definition Nephron: It is the structural and functional unit of the kidney each capable of forming urine. Importance … Read more

Cnidaria: Characteristics, Diversity, and Adaptations

Cnidaria Cnidarians or Cnidaria are the first true metazoans (having bodies comprised of cells that are differentiated into tissues), exclusively aquatic. About 99% of Cnidarians occur in the marine environment and the rest 1 % occur in fresh water. Corals, sea anemones, and jellyfish belong to this phylum. In this article, we will learn more … Read more

Hair structure: Anatomy of human hair

Hair structure

Importance of hair and it’s role Hair serves a very important function in the human body and plays a crucial role in our overall well-being. In this article, we are going to understand some of the important roles and functions of hair along with the details of the basic hair structure. The skin is the … Read more

Introduction of Kidney Microanatomy: Nephrons 


Know in one minute about Nephrons Nephrons are the structural and functional units of the kidney. These units are 1.2 million in each kidney. The main function of Nephrons is the formation of urine. The urine formation takes place in three steps Ultrafiltration Tubular reabsorption Tubular secretion. Nephron consists of two parts Renal corpuscles Renal … Read more

Cytosol Vs Cytoplasm

Cytosol Vs Cytoplasm

Know in one minute about Cytosol Vs Cytoplasm The cytosol and cytoplasm are two components of a cell with distinct characteristics. The cytosol, which is the liquid component of the cytoplasm, exists as a clear, gel-like substance enclosed within the cell membrane. The cytosol serves as a medium for metabolic reactions, signalling, and the transport … Read more

Cornea vs Sclera: Understanding the difference and functions

cornea vs sclera

Know in one minute about Cornea vs Sclera Cornea vs Sclera The main difference is the former is for refracting the light. While the sclera is for the structural integrity & protection of the eye. They are made up of several layers of connective tissues, but the arrangement of tissues is different in each, which … Read more

Vertebrates Vs  Invertebrates

Vertebrates Vs  Invertebrates

 Know in one minute about Vertebrates Vs  Invertebrates Vertebrates Vs  Invertebrates are two major categories of animals based on the presence or absence of a backbone or spinal column Vertebrates are animals with a backbone or spinal column, exhibiting bilateral symmetry, having an endoskeleton made of bone or cartilage, and typically possessing a complex nervous … Read more

Smallest bone in a human body: Function and structure

Smallest bone in a human body

Introduction The human body is composed of a total of 206 bones, where the femur, or thigh bone, forms the largest bone, while the smallest bone in a human body is called the stapes. Stapes is a part of a group of three bones called ear ossicles, found in the middle ear. In this article, … Read more