Some readers might be in doubt that why Acetic acid is a weak electrolyte. In this section of the article, we will discuss the same question.
Before moving ahead let us understand the structure of acetic acid.
1. Is koh a weak electrolyte?
No, it is a strong electrolyte.
2. What is a weak electrolyte?
Weak electrolytes are those solutions or compounds which on higher Concentration has low conductivity and vice versa.
3. Is nh3 a weak electrolyte?
Yes, ammonia is a weak electrolyte.
4. Is acetic acid a weak electrolyte?
Yes, it is a weak electrolyte.
5. Which is a characteristic of a weak electrolyte?
Characteristics of weak electrolytes are
- Have low conductivity at higher concentrations.
- Follows Ostwald Dilution law.
- They are partially ionized in aqueous solutions.
- That is both molecules, as well as ions, are present in it. In their aqueous solution molecules as well as ions both are present. In their aqueous solution molecules as well as ions both are present.
Written By: Bharat Awasthi